Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For my fellow coffee addicts...




OK, sorry....I know that this is a kitchen cabinetry and kitchen design blog but most of my clients seem to include a coffee "area" into their layouts - so I have to share this.
I recently became aware of Crop To Cup, a company based in Chicago, that sells family farmed coffee directly from growers in Africa. The farmers receive a 20% premium over the market price, 5% of every coffee purchase and 10% of company profits. A portion of coffee sales also goes back to the areas in which the coffee is grown to fund local project.
The buyer (and drinker) gets a tasty cup of joe and the chance to see for yourself the economic, social and environmental impacts of your purchase.
It is inspiring to see private enterprise at its best...order online.

No comments: